Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dreams, cravings, and other odd stuff

A note from Marcey:

Those of you who know me know that I'm a big nighttime dreamer - technicolor, bizzarre, vivid movies are the norm. There's been wacky trends of being back in college lately, me packing up dorm room posters and books, racing to get to my current adult life, trying to squeeze in the trigonometry final exam I'm totally unprepared to take.
But a few nights ago, I had a crystal-clear dream that we had a healthy baby girl, with chocolate-drop brown eyes and a few wisps of hair. Friends from all parts of our life arrived in a surreal parade - chorus members from Stonewall in NYC, new friends from Harvard Divinity, a gay pride parade passing in the background like a birth Mardi Gras, and of course, family. I woke up smiling.
Cravings? CHEESE! Cream cheese and bagels, sharp, spicy hard cheeses, and orange/red foods like sweet potatoes, tomato-black bean soups, strawberries, OJ. I had a pimiento olive a few weeks ago that never tasted so good in my life. I learned that in Thailand, an expecting mother is seen as "really pregnant" not at the first baby kick, but at the first day of craving sour foods. I'm there!
Funniest body change? The very center of my innie belly button is slowly rising to the surface...and the skin isn't tan; it's never seen the light of day. And wouldn't you know, it's ticklish. Of course. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh... I'd almost forgotten that belly button sticky outie thingie! Love your dreams - Bean's gonna love that parade of loving celebration, which you KNOW will be for real soon!
    Sour foods, huh? Sounds great to me, even un-pregnant. Got a sweet potato in the oven for dinner, as we speak. I'll enjoy it for you too!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful post!! Can we see pictures of the new tickle spot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures? She hasn't let me, yet, but I'll see what I can do. ;)

    ReplyDelete