Okay, everyone, time to check in with your gut feelings: the Baby B-T Contest is here!
We know it's been driving some of you nuts that we are operating with so much uncertainty - don't know what the birthdate will be, don't know if it will be a boy or girl. So here's your chance to put in your two cents, in a way!
In the "comment" field below this post, write in your guess as to both sex and arrival date. (official due date: Sept. 14) For extra credit, or to differentiate yourself from someone else, feel free to write in approximate time of day - morning, afternoon, evening, overnight.
If you feel so moved, you may, of course, suggest a name. Just be prepared for us to completely ignore you. What, you have a problem with Hepzibah and Obadiah?
The main calendar is all the way at the bottom of this page. (scroll way down.)
Happy guessing!
It will be on September 9 (9-9-09), a girl, and born late afternoon to enjoy that incredible sunlight at that time of the day...
ReplyDeletelove
béatrice
I too should say the 9th because that's my birthday but I'll say instead the 5th (the full moon is the 4th) sometime in the middle of the night or early morning... I would always choose an earlier date over a late one to a very pregnant woman! If I knew when you ovulate I would probably guess differently, but I'll go with this for now. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd also guess a girl (oh, all the wonderful estrogen in one household!), though sometimes I find it hard to believe that they come in girl!
Any name you choose for your sweet little tater will be perfect! (If we had had a girl this last time we would have named her Naomi Ione.)
When we were trying to get pregnant, we joked that God had a sense of humor, and would send us yet another Virgo. Now, the question, as Mama V puts it so well, is whether that sense of humor will continue, becoming three estrogen-producing Virgos. Or will it take a twist, bestowing a little boy on a pair of fairly clueless lesbians?
ReplyDeleteSorry darlings, statistically speaking, AI is more likely to result in a boy - and I'll vote for his birth to be after sundown on Friday 9/18, ushering in the year 5770! As far as names - you seem to be leaning in a Biblical direction, and while there are so many fabulous Old Testament names out there (Habbakkuk? Shadrach? Jedidiah?) I will make a serious suggestion: Nathaniel, meaning "G-d has given"
ReplyDeleteWell I just have to vote for September 7th! And a beautiful baby girl, of course, but I was swayed by Marcey's dream post. I have no doubt whatever name you pick will be perfect, so I'm not going to say anything on that front. You'll just know, and it won't matter what any of us has said. (I, of course, don't know this first hand but am told this is how it goes...)
ReplyDeletePS: This is auntie Jess (the younger) who doesn't have a blog account and so gets to be annonymous...
I think you guys would do wonderful things with a girl, and I do actually think it's a girl. I honestly see that. Which is exactly why I'm guessing boy. Honestly, I have a terrible track record of these things. I'm also guessing that bean will have it's very own birthday, so the 6th, 14th and 19th are out. My brother's birthday is the 7th, my mom's is the 16th...I'm guessing September 12th, between 4am and dawn. What a lovely moment that will be. :)
ReplyDeleteClueless? I don't buy it.
ReplyDeleteSept 16, a boy.
girl: Beata boy: Bearne
What can I say, I've become used to Bean.
This is fun!
ReplyDeleteFor the record, tho, there is very little possibility in early September of Bean having her or his own birthday - I think there are a sum total of two days where no one we know well has a birthday. What can I say - the week or so between Christmas and New Year is a great time to... um... cuddle.
*I* think you will have a.... BABY! Right around the 15th or so. And I think you should name the baby FIRETRUCK. But only if it has green hair.
ReplyDeleteGuess I'd be a poor sport if I wanted to keep my birthday all to myself. I'd be most honored if the Bean wanted to share my date, and arrive on the 14th. Mummabear is right about the heavy concentration of Sept. birthdays... 2'nd is Cousin Eric, 8th was Pappap Baker, and 29th is Cousin Mark. As to gender... Granna and Pappap will be so thrilled with whatever we get... but I've gotta admit, I've found myself thinking of Bean as a girl. Family girl names... oh my... Dixie Lee, Ruthabelle, Mildred, Marguerite, Lydie, Elsie... makes Gershom sound good, huh?
ReplyDeleteSam has a name suggestion...Rowan! (wait for it...)
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing that the Bean will be a boy, born late-night on the 16th into early-morning on the 17th.
ReplyDelete"Rowan", Sam??? as in "Mr. Bean"???
ReplyDeleteTara says September 20th in the early morning:) and it's a boy!
ReplyDeleteMy guess: a boy, born Sept. 6, early morning.
ReplyDeletewhy is it that nearly everyone who's guessing the baby will come early is gussing it'll be a girl, while all the later dates guess boy?
ReplyDeleteBoys love to cause trouble that way!
ReplyDeleteRowan A... Mr. Bean, ha ha hah! Excellent!
I'm so glad I came back to look here!
Okay, here's my two cents: Though 9/9/09 is way-cool...and it's my spouse's birthday...I am choosing the 11th, born at night, a boy. In any case, the world needs more of us super-organized (on paper, anyway) Virgos! This will be one well-loved baby, regardless of day, time, gender or other variable.
ReplyDeleteBeen in touch with my sister- Sept. 14th person... Pam Rogers. Pam agrees with me that Sept. 14 is a great date to have a baby, and that baby should be a girl... named, of course, "Pamela Kate"!!!
ReplyDeleteBoy - Sept 10, early morning.
ReplyDelete