Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Makes Hepzibah sound good

(Disclaimer: yes, I know I'm leaving out half of my own last name. In this one instance only, I promise - but ya gotta admit, it's funnier.)

Yesterday, I got a note from Katrina, asking for the blog address again. She had tried to google "And Bean Makes Three", and though she found a baby blog (a blogspot one, too), it was for a couple in Minnesota with a one-year-old (or so). Really cute kid, and actually a pretty funny series of blog posts. (Of course I looked. Wouldn't you?)

But they fell victim to the trend towards oddly-unique names. In this case: Paisley. And I couldn't help myself - probably aided by the other similarities in blogging - I thought about that name in our case. And it hit me:

Paisley Tweedy.

Sounds like a men's clothing store run amok.

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's just as well that "Tweedy" is no longer your full last name, because we could really go to town with this theme: Paisley could have many siblings, named Gingham, Herringbone, Tulle (the youngest), and the problem child, Plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a maiden name initial "B", I always stalwartly refused to use that initial, insisting on full maiden name. Kate B. Tweedy sounded like either instructions from an Irish fashion designer, or a nasty parody on Jack B. Nimble. I'd say "Paisley Tweedy" sounds like the jacket and the ascot at a hunt breakfast!

    ReplyDelete