This is what these two weeks were supposed to be for us. Vacation time after the end of my internship and before the arrival of the Bean. Turns out Asa had other ideas. So I would like to propose to the writers of all of these fad pregnancy magazines that churn out cutesy neologisms a redefinition.
Babymoon n. The time that new parents get to spend with their child just cooing, kissing and snuggling, before the crush of day-to-day responsibilities sinks back in.
That's what we've had with Asa this week - hours of time in the "Family Room" at the end of the nursery complex. The doctors and nurses can still monitor him - how much he's eating, what the jaundice is doing - but we're mostly left alone to just revel in the softness of baby skin and the scent of newborn hair.
In other news, our boy is doing great and we hope to be able to take him home really soon!
I actually used to always think that a babymoon was like the second definition. I guessed I missed out, too!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love "babymoon". That word should be in the common lexicon, as it's a very important time. And soon, we'll have the Grand-baby moon... Moms, just get oudda da way!
ReplyDelete