Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jiggity Jig

Home again, home again, and Mummy is blogging again... albeit with a twist.
It was a fairly easy drive home, and Asa slept the whole way, like the champ he is. We fed him right before leaving, and got in just in time for his next feeding. Along the way, he did experience his first-ever back-seat diaper change, at a rest area on the Mass Pike.

Yesterday afternoon, it was time for Mummy and Mommy's first attempt at a baby sponge bath. Thank you to the nurses who'd taken care of that for us! Asa didn't seem to mind too much - he only fussed for a minute, and then became very interested in the goings-on around him. This is not uncommon for our little guy - he's a lot more alert than I'd expected a newborn to be, and if I didn't know better, I'd swear he could see more than eight inches.
And, if that weren't reason enough to be smitten, get a load of the curls when his hair is wet!

Asa also has a fondness for fabric - his sleeves and collar are often wet because he chews on them. Froggie towels are yummy, too... Granna Kate, is this a variant of my infant "frog legs" shot?

All in all, we're doing pretty well back home. Reality is sinking in, and it's wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'd guess that proves he's your kid too... teh frog nibbling thing is conclusive!

    ReplyDelete