One of the more bizarre things about being pregnant is the unsolicited commentary other folks like to bestow upon you. Here are some top things you might want to steer clear from saying:
1. "You don't look so bad."
2. "How's the weight gain?"
3. "You're going to be miserable this summer, trust me."
4. "I know someone who (insert horror story here)."
Conversely, things that sound wonderful to a mama-to-be:
1. "You look beautiful!" - especially when I don't feel it.
2. "(anything at all that has nothing to do with the belly or being pregnant, like, "Nice day, huh?)"
3. "Can I get you a homemade mango smoothie? Ice cream? Del's Frozen Lemonade?" *
* for non-Rhode Islanders, Del's Frozen Lemonade is AMAZING. I also recommend their frozen pink grapefruit juice. There's real rind in these ices, no colorings, and they have a cultlike following among my kids. Sour, cold, and quenching! Ahhhh.
I keep hearing great things about Dell's but I've never been. I smell roadtrip.
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful, Marcey!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, yes... I miss Del's! But my best Del's story is from Brimfield MA... hot day at the ol' flea market... we finally made it to the front of the line, ordered... so relieved, I took a big gulp even before turning to walk away... and somehow my lemonade had gotten mixed up with the cup belonging to the owner of the stand... and was at least 40% vodka!!! "Oooh, mommy, that's not sprite!!!"
ReplyDelete