Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Registry is laughing at me.

I swear it is.

It knows about my anti-pink rants. It must read the blog, too - after all, they are linked. Because we registered for a very nice, aqua-blue chewy teether:
Nice, no? Like with nearly everything else, we found it on the website, and clicked the little button next to it that said "add to registry". Then I checked the registry, and there it was, about halfway down the page. Nice, bright blue teether.

The next day, the teether was.... pink. Ummm... okay... perhaps a trick played by a sneaky wife? She swore, with a straight face, that she had nothing to do with it, and given her propensity for giggling when trying to pull one over on me, I believed her. And switched the teether on the registry back to blue (a process that involves several steps, I might add.)

But it wouldn't stay blue! By the next time I looked, it was pink again. With M. next to me (so I know she wasn't messing with me), I tried to add the blue teether to the registry. I didn't take the pink one off, just tried to add the blue, thinking that perhaps we could at least end up with one of each? Went to the blue teether, clicked "add to registry", and got the message "this item has been added to your registry." Cool. Looked at the registry.

Nothing.

Tried again. Got the same message.

Nothing.

Nothing, that is, except a pink, chewy, gum-massaging teether.


I knew God had a sense of humor... who would have guessed that the internet would, too?

3 comments:

  1. Enough already... fought traffic today to visit with Crunick cousins... or, I should say, John fought traffic, cursed it, took it personally. I might say to you, as I would to him... DAMMIT, SOMETMES, PINK HAPPENS!
    Great visit today... look for more visitors to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone at Babies R Us is being subversive. My cousin and his wife are also pregnant, and are expecting a boy; they also registered at Babies R Us, and they are into the gender identification thing - everything is blue or brown or has a truck on it - except for one item which is pink. At first I thought they had picked the wrong one, but now I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's pretty much where I got to, as well. Perhaps this is the one pink item that will guarantee we'll have a little Obadiah?

    ReplyDelete