Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Halfway there!

20 weeks, and Bean is very much present in our lives. Kicking harder and more frequently, although not hard enough for anyone but Mommy to feel it. (She did stop poking me with every kick, however, and instead says "blip!" for every felt movement.) Bean's personality is coming through in some of those moments, too; I don't know whether kicks signal enjoyment or dislike, but we hope that it's the former, since the kicks are frequent when music is playing. The church organ, Mummy singing, the style doesn't seem to matter. Bean apparently loved "Spring Awakening"... and we do hope it was the music and not the dysfunctional parent/child dynamics that resonated.

In growth news, our Bean seems a little ahead of the curve: the average at this age is 10 ounces, which is what Bean weighed last week, according to the ultrasound. Most of the initial development seems complete, other than lung function, which is still in progress. From here on out, the emphasis seems to be on growth: Mommy's and the Bean's.

2 comments:

  1. yay! I had an ultrasound yesterday (17wk1day) but between an ultrasound tec who apparently had a long day and a shameful baby we weren't able to see the goods... haha we can't wait to find out, I know you ladies are waiting! I don't know how you do it! But... I have my indepth organ search ultrasound on Monday so hopefully some news is on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such big grins... half way there, and a grandchild who loves music! (uh... yeah.. channeling my mother... "we throw them back if they can't sing") But she was talking about inlaws... no question that family members can sing!
    Bean will sing, Bean is dancing now... let the music play!

    ReplyDelete