Okay, so with all of the kvetching we've done about color and gender roles, you would think that we'd bring the same considerations to our blog. But up until today, brown has ruled the day. Now, I have nothing against brown - it's the color of coffee, after all, and coffee is good. In addition, most of the gender-neutral baby clothes that we find in big box stores ends up in some shade of brown/yellow. Some of it's quite nice, too, with lions and giraffes. But it does get a little... monochromatic.
So it's time to add some blog zip! The patterns at the top of the page are from the fabrics that have a prominent place in the nursery. Then I just got color happy. (It's spring. It's time for color.)
But I'd like to hear back from y'all - are any of the colors too hard to read? Too distracting? Or did I not go far enough? ;)
More purple, please!
ReplyDeleteThe yellow is tricky to read. (I'm sure you'll get A LOT of clothing in yellow like we did...)
Hurray for Spring and color!
Although a foolish consistency may be the hobgoblin of little minds... a consistent type color is the darling of aging grandparents, aunts and uncles!...or, if you must print in yellow, could you go to a white background, please? Hey, really...even the lime green is not bad... red is good, blue, purple... all great. Please, no yellow!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I can stop squinting now.
Hi,L&M!! Love the colors for the nursery! Very lively and fun!Can't wait to see it! As far as reading the colorful blog, all the colors are fine, except yellow, which is almost impossible to read. You could add a bit more of the other colors, sprinkled through the blog, though! Aunt Ann P.S.--YAY SPRING!!
ReplyDeleteHeh. three in a row. Okay, no worries. I probably won't use a lot of color in the text of the posts (so no worries about yellow), but it just seemed appropriate in that one.
ReplyDeleteOne question: was it just that one word "yellow" that was actually in yellow, or was the orangey text (the viewed links, the words "lions and giraffes") also difficult?
I think it's just the yellow yellow. I don't have trouble with the orange, though some might.
ReplyDeleteAll the lime green in side bar is a little hard to read... (maybe the darker shade you used for 'spring'?)
I agree with Jeremie... the orange is fine. And deepening the lime green is a good thing!
ReplyDeleteI think you should stick with the green hippos for the whole thing and use a fun text color. All the motley fabrics is confusing.
ReplyDelete