Easter is a great day to spend with family. A Mommy, a Mummy, and a bunch of aunties and uncles, for instance.
Uncle Jeremie gave the Bean a flavorful and colorful hint of Italian heritage. The flower in the center was Mommy's doing - she made each of us an eggshell vase as a place card.
Wow, that all looks good... wonderful people, wonderful food. Uncle Jeramie, ya gotta share... how do you get the great deep egg colors? I used to use brown eggs to get cool color effects, but your colors are so pure!
A tablespoon vinegar, a lot of McCormick food coloring (20 drops of the 'pure colors' 15/5 Red/Yellow for the Orange, 5/15 Red/Blue and some extra of each for the purple), some really hot water and just letting them soak for a while. I think I probably left them in the dye a good 15 minutes. The eggs actually lost a bit of the richness when I baked them - dye bled all over the bread!
Wow, that all looks good... wonderful people, wonderful food. Uncle Jeramie, ya gotta share... how do you get the great deep egg colors? I used to use brown eggs to get cool color effects, but your colors are so pure!
ReplyDeleteany excuse to bake!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun. Thanks for having us.
A tablespoon vinegar, a lot of McCormick food coloring (20 drops of the 'pure colors' 15/5 Red/Yellow for the Orange, 5/15 Red/Blue and some extra of each for the purple), some really hot water and just letting them soak for a while. I think I probably left them in the dye a good 15 minutes. The eggs actually lost a bit of the richness when I baked them - dye bled all over the bread!
ReplyDeleteHey, Jeremie...thanks for the memory! I'm drooling! Paula B
ReplyDelete