Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boston Pride 2010


A lot has changed since last year!  (A lot has changed in 40 years, but that's a post for another day.)

First of all, the weather didn't cooperate, so I don't have nearly as many pictures of the parade as last year.  M. wisely remarked that we should sit under a large, sheltering oak tree, so we stayed a lot drier than most through most of the parade.  Until it began raining hard, about halfway through, and we decided that we weren't quite that dedicated, and that a cup of coffee indoors sounded like a lovely thing.

Oh, and my favorite photo subject (and Uncle Jeremie's favorite photo subject, for that matter) has changed somewhat.




When I pointed out a particularly awesome hat to Asa, the biker chick wearing it invited us over for a picture together.  Unfortunately, we couldn't quite all get it together - people kept shouting to her, and Asa was distracted by the revving of engines...



Oh well.

A few minutes later, the Governor walked by.  I didn't get a picture, because I was busy pointing him out to Asa... and I think he heard, because he gave a very particular baby-wave in our direction and made eye contact.  (Didn't know there was a particular baby-wave?  Check it out - watch how people wave to kids under about two and a half.  It's distinctly not a political wave.)  I'd like to think Asa was as excited as we were, but he really just wanted to get down and walk around.  


The walking continued after we finally broke down and went inside, wet and dripping.
Tying Uncle Jeremie in knots is kinda like wrapping him around Asa's little finger...  that day, both were true.  Uncle James is right there, also.


Sharing beads might seem to Asa to be adequate compensation for being tied in knots... Not quite sure Uncle Jeremie agreed, but neither did he seem to mind all that much.

After a full day of parade watching, getting wet, and playing with friends and uncles and mothers:

Our little angel, all day long.

(You might note a brief reprieve from the threatened two-week hiatus; our vacation got pushed back a couple of days, but will still begin this week.)

2 comments:

  1. sorry you didn't get a shot of Auntie Valerie... were they really contra dancing? and it would have been such fun to have pix of all of you sitting under the hand dryer blowers... had that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup and yup - as for the latter, we all just wished that there WERE hand-dryer-blowers under which to sit! Definitely one of those moments when I'd have preferred it to paper towels!

    ReplyDelete