A good weekend overall, with lots of gardening and a chance to clean out the little garden shed, but Monday was simply a day to hang out with friends.
Front-row seats for our town's parade, which passes right in front of our house.
Playing after the parade.
Asa and Anna are rather fascinated by each other, and seem to enjoy their playdates. They're just about a week apart in age, so Anna's Mom and I also enjoy comparing notes on sleep patterns, teething, feeding... Nice to have someone with similar instincts, who's going through so much of this at the same time as we are!
Asa introduced Anna to the joy of the kiddie pool.
Not a very "memorial" Memorial Day post (although some of what I would have said, had I taken that tack, was very nicely said for me) but M. and I often find ourselves looking into Asa's eyes and seeing there the love of so many whom we have lost. For them, what greater memorial could there be than the continuity of love, poured into the next generation?
I agree...Jen said it so well... and we'll all enjoy telling Asa about all the great grands he'll know only through us. One teeny comment... how come it's only the boys who go bare chested on the beach?
ReplyDeleteI don't know, but it's happening less often - a lot of little boys (soon enough, ours too) wear swim shirts. Days when he's going to be a longer time in the sun, I put a t-shirt on him. And I think this little girl would have been fine topless but for her very very fair skin.
ReplyDeleteShorter answer: we're not in Europe.