Monday, May 3, 2010

Hands and Knees, Hands and Toes...

But he hasn't quite figured out that he needs to move his hands in order to go forward.  Either he rocks until he scootches backwards, or he pushes with his knees, overbalances, and face-plants.



I do appreciate the bum-in-the-air, on-the-toes position, however.  So cute.

He has begun rolling a lot more, in order to get where he wants to be.  It's distinctly a stop-gap measure in his head - he'll try to crawl, end up moving backwards, get frustrated, and finally just turn and roll until he ends up where he wanted to be in the first place.  Like the toy basket.



He's getting so big in so many ways.  Mommy and I both had to be away on Saturday, so Nonni and Poppy came to watch the Bean.  He was such a perfect angel for them - no fussier than he would have been with us, and still a good eater and good napper.  Perhaps this means that Mommy and I can re-institute Date Night?

3 comments:

  1. I love watching them work so hard! It's just amazing!

    And I also love the vocalizations that go with so much physical work. (Reminds me of labor!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know... although we Moms of the Playpen Gen. probably have much to answer for... it gave forward motion a push off point!... and pulling up to walk also... it's not really that you kids did things that much sooner... you just looked like you were going to for a really long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks JUST like his uncle chris!

    ReplyDelete