Tuesday, January 27, 2009

They found us

Today, we discovered that the corporate world has found out we're expecting. Packages from Blue Cross, a local maternity shop, and Babies'R'Us have all found their way into our lives. M., being a devoted Mommy, immediately sat down to read.




Actually, some of the stuff from Blue Cross was pretty good - local birthing classes, lactation consultants, that sort of thing.



There's also a comment on first-trimester fatigue: "If you're tired, you might want to think about saying no to going out with friends in the evenings." M. read that aloud, looked at me, and commented, "Think? Who's thinking? I just collapse."



No thinking required.




Lest you think, however, that these are the first pregnancy books M. has read, this is our bookshelf:

And these are just the ones we own. Not the ones that have been taken out of the library - I'm sure there were newly-expectant mothers elsewhere in this town who were convinced in mid-January that the local library had no pregnancy books, because they were all here.

Again, I want to thank all of you who have been in our home in the year or so that these have been on the shelf, and not commented.

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! You're already such wonderful and dedicated mamas!

    An unsolicited recommendation for your book list: Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way, by Susan McCutcheon. I'm not sure if it's been revised since I last read it, but it's totally heterosexist in language and really dated. BUT, there are some GREAT and helpful tips that I think are indispensable for labor (especially the chapter on "emotional signposts" and hormone shifts during labor).

    Have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete