Asa has been sick... not that one would necessarily recognize his behavior as that of a "sick child". Other than the vomiting, that is. (I ask again, rhetorically: why does he only ever puke on me? Never on M. It's a thing he has.)
Yesterday, after a full morning of throwing up (on his part) and laundry (on our part, and including his car seat cover, of course), he was pretty content to sit and watch movies and sip pedialyte. Not so today; he's only thrown up once, and his energy levels can no longer be contained.
In an attempt to keep him relatively contained (bearing in mind the possibility of more vomit) and still let him burn off some energy, we got out the blocks. And Asa totally went to town. Literally.
He was very happy to have me photograph his work, too - he seemed really pleased with how it all came out. This is the first time that the emphasis was more on building than destroying, which was cool to watch.
The arch piece on top is the roof that he insisted the piece needed. Because really, all houses need roofs.
I enjoyed watching the process - the body knowledge, the consideration he gave each piece, the concentration. Sorry about the radio in the background...
I wonder if this is how Frank Lloyd Wright and I. M. Pei started out? His patience is amazing.
ReplyDeleteYes, he can be very focused. Which is why it drives me bonkers when people tell me that little boys aren't focused enough to begin school at 3. Especially August babies. (I bear in mind a certain very tall classmate of mine who turned down MIT... and who was an August baby. Just sayin'.)
ReplyDelete