Monday, January 25, 2010

Solid Food

Asa has taken to solid food like a fish to water.  He does come by the foodie thing honestly, but I never thought he'd get it so fast.

So far he eats rice cereal...


Apple, zucchini...


And, as of today, squash.



Today was particularly messy, but usually the worst of it is his propensity for chewing on his fingers between bites.  And blowing raspberries with a mouthful of veg.  Sometimes Mummy needs a full-body bib too.

This is a typical meal, although he doesn't usually have such an audience - Poppy and Nonni were in attendance, and really enjoyed watching our boy chow down.  Can you blame them, really?

8 comments:

  1. Look at those gorgeous long eyelashes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best defense is a good offense... hit a consignment shop for a couple of men's long sleeved shirts... the feeder wears one backward. The feedee... wears as little as possible!
    Might as well get used to it... with self feeding it just gets messier!... MOF, why not skip the spoon.. smear food on his fingers, let him chow down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I don't want to be cleaning squash out of his ears every day! Silly Granna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the squash-face! And Mummy, even though you might not *want* to clean it out of his ears every day, at some point you might have to concede that's a losing battle from the start...

    ReplyDelete
  5. true 'dat, Deb, but why invite trouble? He'll figure it out on his own soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the poncho look! Cute and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Deb... it's gonna happen anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Granna and Deb - if I try this, which one of you is coming over to clean my kitchen and my kid? ;) I know the squash and zucchini would color-coordinate nicely, but I'm not big on textured walls... or floor...

    ReplyDelete