Thursday, January 21, 2010

Buddies

Wherever Asa is, there's a little gray shadow following behind.   And the affection is mutual.  I didn't quite capture it here, but when Oliver is around, Asa reaches for her and buries his hands in her fur.


If he fusses (heaven forbid!) she's there in a heartbeat, curling up next to him and purring.  She's not even close enough to touch him, just close enough to purr to him.  Tummy time, for instance, is not necessarily a favorite, but he stopped fussing as soon as she came by.


Asa has a little cold this week, so has been a little fussy at night, when his nose is all stuffed up.  Last night, he woke us up several times - and each time, M. found Oliver, curled up in the crib at Asa's feet - you guessed it! - purring.

Even as I write, he's in his crib for a nap - although he hasn't gotten that message yet.  Oliver listened for a few moments, glared at me (as if to say, "Fine.  I'll go comfort him", and last I saw her was headed for the nursery.

The other two cats?  Asa notices them only if they move, which means I don't think he's figured out that Gracey is alive.  When he fusses, you can usually find them on our bed, under the covers, waiting for the all-clear.

2 comments:

  1. They're so cute together! Gracey, on the other hand, prefers to cuddle up to Pappap!

    ReplyDelete