Friday, September 21, 2012

Yoga Baby

Plank pose.


Otherwise known as "I'm going to crawl soon", about which Mommy and I have rather different feelings.  Perhaps it's because she didn't stay home with Asa, when he was this age, that she has been encouraging of independent motion for Elias.  As for me?  Well, I'm very proud of our little guy, but am in no hurry to have life become any more complicated.  It's still so nice that he pretty much stays where I leave him.

Of course, that is happening less and less.  Most of his motion is backwards, at the moment, which makes him end up in some strange predicaments - caught on the leg of a table, or the piano - but he always looks totally pleased with himself.

Meanwhile, I have to admire the strength of this little baby body - I don't think I can do this many push-ups, or hold the pose for as long as he can.

2 comments:

  1. That second picture has an almost "you want me to do how many more?!" quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Drop and give me 50!"... hey, we've already got Mickey... one Marine in the family is enough already!

    ReplyDelete