Thursday, August 23, 2012

Growth, and other miracles

He fell asleep as I set him down.


Awake in my arms, as I stood in the living room; by the time I lay him on the floor, he was out cold, head pillowed on his stuffed crab.  Appropriate, for this growing, changing boy.








Because really, who wouldn't be tired and crabby?  He's cut three teeth since the end of July, and there are more just below the surface.  He's learned to scootch, mostly backwards, and to rotate on that round belly.  He is sitting up more steadily and more easily.  He's giving us the first signs that babyhood won't last much longer.


Sweet boy, grow strong and happy.  But not too fast.

1 comment:

  1. I know you have to grow up, little Elias...but you're such an ultimate baby! Your brother has always had a touch of "devil or angel?" about him, but you're pure cuddlefuffle!

    ReplyDelete