Thursday, December 8, 2011

Recent Asa-isms

Asa was chewing on his little toy parrot.  M. looked up and said, "Asa, don't eat your parrot, they're endangered."
Asa: "And Yummy!"



Asa, sitting on the potty, kept saying "Lightbulb..."  (Think Gru in Despicable Me)  However, since he didn't appear to be doing anything else, we had him get up... only to find poop!
Us: "Why didn't you tell us you were pooping?"
Asa: "I saying, 'Lightbulb'..." (and seriously, as though we should have known that Lightbulb = poop.)



Asa and M were out running errands, and M came back in laughing.
M: "Tell Mummy what you want Santa to bring you, Asa."
Asa: "Boyfriend!"
Both parents dissolve in laughter.
Apparently, the initial answer was "Baby Brother!" (as opposed to other days, when he says "baby sister" or just "baby".)  This, over the course of the ride home, modulated into "Best Boy Brother" (we've been known to call Asa our "best boy"), and then to "Boyfriend."
What goes on in his mind is anyone's guess.



At Thanksgiving dinner, we all stood around the table and said grace - which, I admit, is not a normal practice in this house.  When I said "Amen," Asa (who is far more used to bedtime prayers), looked up in alarm and said, "No Bedtime!"
Similarly, in the cradle room at church, he was going through his now-very-usual "Where Mommy?  where Mummy?" every thirty seconds or so.  When Wendie told him that we were upstairs "singing and praying", he was very confused.  "Sunny out, not bedtime now..."


And right now, he's playing YoYo.  He's very excited.  Of course, at two, "playing YoYo" means dragging the yoyo around the room, circling it, and jumping over the string.  But who am I to say he's doing it wrong, when he looks so happy?

1 comment:

  1. So... Pappap and I are retired people. If we have to pray, mid-day, can we then take a nap?

    ReplyDelete