Yup, I did jinx it. Blogged the "Baby Contest" and what happened?
Elias Harwood. 6lbs even, 19 1/4 inches, born December 3rd at 2:27pm.
And yes, one month early. M.'s water broke, and after a long while and an induction, along came a baby. Sound familiar? Apparently, M. is amazingly consistent. Who knew?
The difference is that Elias is perfectly healthy and will not need to stay in NICU for a week. He figured out the nursing thing within the first half-hour of his life, his blood sugar is perfect, and his lung development is great for his gestational age.
Don't be fooled by Asa's expression - he was just sick of being photographed. Although slightly confused by the baby now being out of Mommy's tummy, he seems fairly content to be a big brother.
He didn't want to let go of his baby brother. The beginnings of a love affair? I can only hope.
Welcome, Elias. We love you already.
Oh, yes, we love you... but maybe none so much as your loving big brother. That almost kiss picture says "brothers forever". Baby Drew is reduced to cousinship, Bebe is supplanted. Asa loves his brother. Not to say he won't also hate him now and then! Hey, that's what siblings are for!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the pictures!!! You all look great, and Elias look perfectly content with his life so far...
ReplyDeleteMuch love for a bit north of Granna... It's called super windy SoCal.... And keep us posted... As much as you motherly can!
Yeah, I hadn't even entered the pool yet...It was a great jinx! Two beautiful boys, congratulations, you are an awesome family. Welcome Elias, we're so happy to have you with us! I have to post as anonymous because I don't know what the other stuff means...xo Joni
ReplyDelete