I love that Asa loves babies. We went to see newborn twins the other day - the son and daughter of friends - and Asa was mesmerized. He wanted to kiss the babies all the time, and touch their little hands and just watch them sleep. I can't help but thinking that he's actually pretty excited about the prospect of having a baby in our house.
We've been getting ready for Sprout's arrival - making sure that enough newborn clothes and diapers are ready, seeing if we still have enough bottles, re-arranging clothes storage and figuring out how to house two kids in one small room. In the midst of it all, Asa took a break to feed his own baby.
I can only assume that Asa has witnessed babies being bottle-fed, because he knew exactly what to do. And it gives us a little breathing room, in the hope that he'll really enjoy being a big brother, and that perhaps the sibling rivalry won't really kick in until Sprout starts moving and taking Asa's toys. (Hey, parents can dream, no?)
Yup, I think he's ready to be a big brother.
Asa will be a wonderful big brother... but ya might wanna work on his carrying technique!
ReplyDelete