Mommy loved it because she went here as a kid, and was excited to share it with Asa. Asa loved it because it had a train. Mummy loved it because it had a carousel. Mommy and Mummy both were misty-eyed, though, because for every ride we could do with him:
... there was at least one that was only for kids. And Asa, for the first time, rode alone.
(Including the ride that Poppy remembers from when *he* was a kid!)
When did he get so big?
I think my response to this one must have gotten lost in cyber space (thank you Christine!)... I remember the same boat ride, complete with brass bells, from my childhood. the one I recall, in Ocean City NJ, even seemed to float, boats suspended in rather stagnant, murkey water. Oddly, none of us late 40's - early 50's children ever fell out and drowned, or even swallowed nasty water!
ReplyDelete