Saturday, January 22, 2011

Traditions

Legend has it that when I was just a couple of days old, my mother woke up to find me... not in my bassinet.  My father had gotten up with me, brought me into the living room, and turned on the TV.   Mom woke up in something of a panic and ran into the living room to find us, me and Dad, watching Looney Tunes:

"Look honey, it's the Road Runner!  Meep Meep!"

Explains a few things, doesn't it?

For Christmas, this year, M. got me a 4-DVD pack of Warner Brothers' cartoons.  So when Dad came over a few days ago, I saw a chance to let a tradition develop.


"Meep Meep!"

Happy Birthday, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. this post was brought to us by "Acme Cute Pictures, Inc."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fond memories of staying at your house and spending early Saturday morning on the sofa watching cartoons with you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete