Asa has become our little parrot. He has a few words that he uses properly and understands, and a ton more that he just says when we say them. Like "pickle".
Perhaps for that reason, this is his current favorite song. Could I get him to do it on camera? Of course not. But he'll take a good chunk of the Grover part - all the random monosyllables. Not so good on "Pick a Peck of Peppers". Perhaps when he learns "pickle".
He is, however, utterly unappreciative when I do the Madeline Kahn part on "fiddle-diddle-dee". That's what I get for letting him see the orginial first.
Yeah, you just can't mess with perfection, Mummy! (you don't even try to do Lena Horne, do you?)
ReplyDeleteI would never try to imitate or compete with the amazing Ms. Horne, but I do admit to singing along. Grover really got some of the best singing partners, didn't he?
ReplyDeleteHe did... and oh, those "hard hats" who got to sing with Judy Collins! Wish we could find that one!
ReplyDeleteYeah, a little Grover-envy here in NJ, too. I also remember the Lena Horne bits. By the way, you guys continue to have the best blog EVER.
ReplyDelete