Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Weekend Alone

Asa and Mommy went to Mommy's high school reunion last weekend.  I understand they had a great time with Nonni and Auntie Sarah.  Meanwhile, I did what parents do when faced with a free weekend:

I took down the baby gate.

I slept past 6am.

I watched the entirely inappropriate - but very funny - Eddie Izzard.

I read two entire Asey Mayo mystery novels.  (Yes, Asey.  Probably a diminutive of Asa.  Did I name my son after an early 20th century fictional character?  Umm... no... of course not.)

I built a surround for the new dishwasher.  Like ya do.
(Sorry for the blur.  It happens sometimes when the camera battery is dying.)




I'll paint it this weekend, and add a shelf over the current countertop, but even now I think it looks pretty decent.  A good weekend's work!

1 comment:

  1. Asey Mayo and Eddie Izzard, huh? Politics is obviously not the only entity which creates strange bedfellows! And yes... Asey is most surely a variant of Asa. Not saying you did it intentionally... but then, we know Asey is an alter ego of Uncle Ren!!!

    ReplyDelete