In his toybox the other day, Asa discovered a large plastic maraca. Now, usually he'll pull out a toy, play with it for a little while, and then forget about it in favor of another toy. Not so the maraca. Love at first shake, I guess. He carried that thing around all day. I didn't know you could crawl with a large plastic toy in your hand, but it seems you can - at least, Asa can.
Along came bedtime, and we tried to remove the maraca from his grip before putting him down. Nothing doing, he held on for dear life and screamed as though we were trying to remove his arm. So we put him down with the maraca. And he cuddled it until he fell asleep.
His hand was still around it until I went in with my camera, of course... then he shifted and made it look like I'd put it there. Sigh.
In the morning, we went in and said, "Hey, look, Asa - it's your maraca! You can play with it!"
And he looked at us as though we were nuts. Hasn't played with it since. Go figure.
His very first mind-game!!! This is what a child does when the child is still too young and non-verbal to stretch "Mom" or "Mum" into a multisyllabic insult!
ReplyDelete'course, I wrote that post yesterday afternoon, and he immediately went and found the maraca. Smart kid. We're in trouble.
ReplyDelete