Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mumma Gimp

So a quick round of toe surgery has me hobbling this weekend; the crutches aren't really required, but do help me to not put all my weight on a stitched-up toe. So whereas I should be spoiling my lovely pregnant wife, right now she's the one doing the spoiling. I made it through church without the crutches, wearing Marcey's clogs because I can't get my foot into my own shoes.


For those of you who might wonder, no, this will not prevent me from rooting for my Steelers tonight. It's Bean's first Super Bowl, after all, and Uncle Jacob's coming over. Break out the Terrible Towel!

In between rounds of dealing with the cranky, gimpy patient, M. finished up the last bulletin board for the church. Her artistic skills have been called into use to stretch colored canvas over the old cork boards; the ones that are up at church look fabulous.

Speaking of church, today we told my Teaching Parish Committee about Bean. Once again, let us just say how incredibly lucky we are to be in such a loving community.

1 comment: