Monday, March 5, 2012

The Day, I Just Realized, that I've been Waiting For

The living room reading club.  After his nap, which was early and rather too short, Asa toddled out into the living room to find me in the middle of a chapter.  So I got up, got him a few books, and suggested we read quietly on the couch.  Which is what we were doing when M. took our picture.


Oh please let this become a habit.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a happy reading club! But Mummy should share the goldfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had put up a comment on this but it did not go through apparently...
    Just wanted to say that of course this went directly to my heart...
    But my question was: what are you reading, both of you???
    love from the West coast, North of Granna...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly, I thought you had put up a comment on this, too! And when I went to respond, the comment had disappeared. Strange internet.

    He's reading "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie". I'm reading... um... something I've read recently. Possibly "Siblings without Rivalry", possibly re-reading "Toujours Provence", possibly "Ender's Game".

    And, because you'll want to know: on the docket right now are a bio of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, "Emma" by Jane Austen, "Pink and Blue" by Jo Paoletti (see blog sidebar), and "The Lost History of 1914" by Jack Beatty - because some things never do change.

    ReplyDelete