Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Imagination

or: "A Pinch of This, A Pinch of That."

Let me start by saying that Asa is turning into a little bit of a neat-freak.  He picks up rug fuzzies, bits of animal cookie that he dropped, pieces of diced veg that might have fallen off the counter as I cooked... really, just about anything, and brings them to whichever of us is closer.  He's very insistent that we take these little bits, even when we can't actually see them.  (Well, except the bits of cookie, which he eats, no matter how old.)  All of this makes our house sound messier than it is, of course - cluttered, perhaps, but we do keep it clean.  Toddler-clean, but clean.

But I digress.

The other night, Asa was playing with his new toy (nominally given to our cat for Halloween), when the picking-up was taken to a whole new level, and we were able to witness Asa's first imagination game.  This is just the end of it, but he picked imaginary... er, somethings... off of the suction cup and placed them all around the room for about 20 minutes.  I discovered, to his delight, that pinches are delicious and a good way to kiss little tiny fingertips.



Aw, who am I fooling? the whole situation was delicious.  Yay creative boy!

1 comment:

  1. A good game!!! The best games all end in kisses!

    ReplyDelete