Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September brings changes

For those of you who might have been wondering at the dearth of posts recently, I present to you exhibit A: the great climbing boy.


I was folding clothes in his room - while I folded a sheet, he took advantage of my distraction to get up into the rocking chair with a book.  Seriously - it took about 15 seconds, and he was sitting there, happy as a clam, perusing a Sandra Boynton book.  

Which brings us to exhibit B: helpful boy.  In this case, with the laundry.

And "sorting" his shoes.

Finally, the closest I could get to a picture of exhibit C:

Walking boy.  

This might just be a long month.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. Climbing, helping, walking... and all the bumps and bruises that go along with this stage! And before you know it, you'll have Talking Boy who will do his John Boehner imitation, saying "no" to everything!
    And, btw... where did you expect him to read? Do you sit on the floor with your favorite book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, NO. It's already a favorite word, although he doesn't often try to enforce his opinion.

    Me? I don't sit, and I don't read. You wouldn't either, if you lived with Climbing, Walking, Helpful Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to haul out the Milne poetry... "while he is very young"... besides, it's just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We talk and sing it, but I think I'll hold off on handing him the books until he's better about not tearing/chewing paper...

    ReplyDelete